Last Updated September 24, 2019
Information for individuals who are or were:
- a customer at any Jiffy Lube® Service Center in the United States;
- a visitor to a Jiffy Lube® website (“Jiffy Lube Website”);
- a user of a Jiffy Lube International Inc. (“JLI") digital application (“Jiffy Lube App”); and/or
- as a participant in a sweepstake, contest, promotion or competition offered by JLI, either alone or with a third party/ies (“Promotion”).
This Notice applies to all information transmitted or submitted to JLI, whether provided at a Jiffy Lube® Service Center or via a website, phone, an app, fax, text or SMS message, postal mail or any other written or oral communication with us.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal data is processed by JLI, for which purposes, how long we hold the personal data for, who we share it with, how to access and update your personal data, the options you have regarding your personal data and where to go for further information.
JLI does not intentionally collect personal data of those under 15 years old. If you are under 15 years old please do not send us your personal data (for example, your name, address and email address). If you are under 15 years old and you wish to ask a question or engage with us in any way which requires you to submit your personal data, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
What personal data do we collect? Categories and sources of information collected
Information You Provide. We may collect and process any personal information you provide to us including personally identifying information (such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, communications and marketing preferences and consents), information about your vehicle including license plate number and vehicle location, responses you voluntarily provide to surveys, your participation in any Loyalty Program, that gathered through a Jiffy Lube App and/or Jiffy Lube Website. If you choose to enter a Promotion we will gather information necessary to allow you to participate and to award you with any reward if confirmed.
We will collect information about how and where you use or purchase Jiffy Lube® branded services.
Such information may include electronic device information, credit card information, any discounts applied to your purchases, IP addresses, log information, browser type, and preferences, location information, online identifiers to enable ‘cookies’ and similar technologies.
Your purchase history includes data regarding (i) specific services you buy, (ii) the total amount of your purchases per transaction, (iii) the time and place of the purchases you make, (iv) the payment method, the type of card used, and anonymized or masked credit or debit card numbers, including payment methods embedded in the Jiffy Lube App (such as mobile payment option).
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain personal information about you from business partners, contractors and other third parties or from publicly available sources but only as required for a legitimate business purpose (for example to improve the services offered to you).
For more information, see “” below.
Please Note: For information purposes, cookies (small text files) are used and will be stored on your device upon visiting our website, mobile website or visiting a third-party supplier. For more information refer to our Cookies Policy.
How We Use Your Information – for what purposes does JLI process your data?
JLI gathers and processes your personal data for the purposes of:
- providing you with services that you requested;
- maintaining and promoting contact and our relationship with you;
- sending administrative information or notices to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- account management including account verification (that is, ensuring that only you or someone you have authorized can access your account and information);
- customer service and development;
- performance and analysis of market surveys and marketing strategies;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- marketing, Promotions, and contests offered to customers of any Jiffy Lube® Service Center in the United States;
- detecting or preventing fraud
- data analysis, for example, understanding which services are of most interest to our users;
- audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements; and
- providing you any information required by law;
On what grounds does JLI process your personal data?
The personal data covered by this privacy notice is processed:
- where it is necessary to conclude a transaction with you (such as payment information);
- where it is necessary for JLI to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- for legitimate interests of JLI and/or its franchisees and affiliates such as for marketing and promotional purposes, for providing you with offers tailored to your preferences;
- for the purposes of detecting and investigating fraud, and/or responding to security threats; and/or
- with your explicit consent.
Where the processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the validity of the processing prior to the withdrawal of consent. Where you choose not to provide us with information set out above for the purposes of using a Jiffy Lube App.
Where we provide you with marketing or promotional offers you can opt out of receiving such offers at any time. For more information, see “” below.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal data may be shared with the following:
Jiffy Lube Franchise Network. JLI operates a network of third-party business owners (each referred to as a "franchisee"). We may share information we collect, including personal information, within the Jiffy Lube® franchise network. Sharing information within the Jiffy Lube® franchise network enables us to provide you with information about your vehicle service history and a variety of products and services that might interest you. All franchisees are obligated to only process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable privacy and data security laws.
Categories of third parties:
Other Business Partners. When you express interest in Promotions or services offered through our Jiffy Lube® Service Centers or marketing campaigns, and where we have your consent to do so, we will share your expression of interest and contact details with the businesses with which we engage to offer you those products, services, Promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes.
Authorized Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our authorized service providers. These may include marketing and customer services firms, credit card payment processors, as well as companies that support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other features offered through our websites, or that provide business analysis or website support. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your personal data:
- With a competent public authority, government, law enforcement, regulatory or fiscal agency with jurisdiction over JLI, or as permitted by relevant state and/or federal law;
- As necessary or appropriate to enforce our terms and conditions, and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and
- With an entity to whom JLI proposes to transfer any of its rights and/or duties; including in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
Aggregated and Non-personal Information
We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our websites and the most popular features or services accessed.
You can, of course, choose not to provide us with certain information. Please note, however, that certain information may be required in order for you to obtain services from a Jiffy Lube® Service Center and/or participate in contests and promotions.
Note: If you would like to make such a request, or opt out of marketing communications, request access to, correction or deletion of your personal data, or request that the processing of your personal data is restricted please contact Jiffy Lube® Customer Service at (800) 344-6933. We aim to keep our information as accurate as possible.
Communicating with you
You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future.
We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service updates or administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (with your consent) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you will have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
Only with your prior express written consent, we may call you or send you text messages for marketing purposes using autodialer technology. You will be given the opportunity, in any such communication, to opt-out of receiving future marketing communication. Under our Do Not Call Policy you may instruct us not to call you, using any method, for marketing purposes by calling Jiffy Lube® Customer Service at (800) 344-6933. We will implement your instructions within 30 days. Please note that we may still need to call you for servicing or other non-marketing purposes.
If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from our mailing lists by contacting Jiffy Lube® Customer Service at (800) 344-6933.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees and authorized third-party service providers are permitted to access personal data, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your financial information and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
In all cases, where the personal data is transferred to authorized third parties whether inside or outside of the United States of America, we take organizational, contractual, and legal measures to ensure that your personal data is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above and that adequate levels of protection have been implemented to safeguard your personal data.
Although we take steps to secure your information, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Who can I contact if I have a query, concern or complaint?” section below.
Who can I contact if I have a query, concern or complaint?
If you have any issues, queries, or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us at Jiffy Lube® Customer Service at (800) 344-6933 or by mail at Jiffy Lube® Customer Service, P.O. Box 4427, Houston, TX 77210-4458.
OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
Notice to California Residents
If you are a resident of California, this Privacy Notice provides you with information regarding
(1) The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting the personal information.
(4) The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
In addition to the information and rights set out in this Privacy Notice (right to request that we do not combine personal data, opt out of marketing communications, request access to, correction or deletion of your personal data, request that the processing of your personal data is restricted) you also have the right to request:
- The specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding 12 months (such sharing will only have taken place with your consent) or confirmation that no such sharing has taken place.
To request this information, please contact Jiffy Lube® Customer Service at (800) 344-6993 or complete the Jiffy Lube® Customer Service form on www.jiffylube.com/contact.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We will occasionally update this Notice to reflect changes in our practices and services. When we make changes to this Notice, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the Notice. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share personal information that may impact you, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an e-mail address), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website and/or service centers. We recommend that you review a copy of this Notice each time you provide personal information to one of our service centers and/or websites.